New Pentax Star-series lens announced
Posted on Mar 25, 2020
The HD Pentax-D FA* 85mm f/1.4 SDM AW is official and will be arriving this year.
Following the success of the Pentax-D FA* 50mm, which quickly became one of the brand’s most popular lenses, Pentax has announced the development of a second lens in the series. The fast-aperture 85mm will feature three extra-low dispersion glass optical elements as well as one aspherical lens.
Thanks to these features and more, Pentax assures edge-to-edge sharpness, high-contrast images and effective compensation and correction of chromatic and spherical aberration. Users can also expect a newly developed Supersonic Direct-drive Motor and a dust-proof, weather-resistant construction.
HD Pentax-D FA* 85mm f/1.4 SDM AW specs
- Focal length: 85mm, equivalent to 130mm in 35mm format (when attached to Pentax APS-C size DSLR cameras)
- Maximum aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum aperture: f/16
- Angle of view (diagonal): 28.5°, 19° (when attached to Pentax APS-C size DSLR cameras)
- Mount: KAF4
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.85m (2.8ft)
- Maximum magnification: 0.12x
- Filter diameter: 82mm
- Diaphragm control: electromagnetic diaphragm, fully automatic
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9
- Maximum diameter x length: approx. 95mmx123.5mm
The lens’s launch is currently scheduled for late 2020.
For more information, please visit the Pentax website.
Don’t forget to sign up to receive our newsletter below, and get notified about the new issue, exclusive offers and competitions.