Firmware update and two new lenses for Lumix
Posted on Nov 6, 2019
The firmware update offers improvements across the board, and Panasonic has delivered two new zoom L-Mount lenses, too.
Panasonic has announced firmware updates for its Lumix mirrorless cameras – the S1, S1R, GH5, GH5S and G9 – will be available from 19 November. The updates include improvements to autofocus and high-speed video, as well as better compatibility with Panasonic and Sigma lenses, and Profoto wireless transmitters.
Other major improvements include:
- It is now possible to select the card slot to save the JPEG images developed by in-camera Raw processing
- An Fn button can be used for checking the aperture effect while the button is pressed.
- Disabling any physical operation can be assigned to an Fn button.
- AF Assist Light has been added to the Focus tab of the Video menu.
- The luminance level of photos (including 6K/4K photo and post focus images) can be set when playing back them over HDMI output.
- AE can be locked with the AF/AE Lock button when ISO Auto is set in M mode.
- S1: There were cases where a blue clipping effect occurred in V-Log recording. This problem has been improved.
- S1: There were cases where after-images occurred in V-Log recording. This problem has been improved.
When released, updates will be available from the Lumix Global Customer Support website.
It’s not just Panasonic’s cameras that are feeling the love, but its lens range, too.
The first new addition is the Lumix S Pro 70-200mm f/2.8 OIS. The fast, constant aperture lens offers a maximum 480fps focus control for high-speed autofocus, as well as a dust- and splash-resistant design.
The second offering, the Lumix S Pro 16-35mm f/4, falls at the other end of the focal length spectrum, offering a versatile range of wide-angle coverage. The 16-35mm features the same autofocus capabilities and durable construction as the 70-200mm, with the addition of suppressed focus breathing, making the lens a promising option for filmmaking as well as stills shooting.
The Lumix S Pro 70-200mm f/2.8 O.I.S is available from the beginning of January at an RRP of £2,599, while the Lumix S Pro 16-35mm f/4 is available in late December at an RRP of £1,499.
For more information, please visit the Panasonic website.